Original Land Title, Paragraph 3 states land not to be used for any business which would be deemed as a nuisance including livery stable, house of ill-fame, or for immoral purposes, dairy with more than two cows, tannery of piggery.
Called “Kit” of “Catalogue” houses (because most were ordered from one). These homes came pre-cut via railway car and were 10,000 to 12,000 pieces with a manual on how to build. Usually built in 30-90 days. 2111 18 St S.W. came from the CPR Lumber Co. in Port Moody B.C. and is built entirely from B.C. Douglas fir. It was built by A.L. McKenzie. (Note: Community name was not Bankview)
Owner: Sarah J. Raby
Owner: Bertha Peppard & D.V. Cope
Occupant: William Thomas - carpenter
Occupant : Edward Jones - carpenter
Occupant: Lars Hagen - carpenter
Occupant: John H. Norton – City Ticket Agt.
Owner: Bertha P. Giles
Occupant: Wm. G. Hounsell - Shoemaker
Owner: C.E. Colwell – Calgary Herald
Occupant : James N. Ogilvie – employee CPR
Owner: W. Dahlberg
Owner: Miss E.M. Mustard
Owner: George Ober
We Live Here – City of Calgary – Canada Post
Photograph circa 1920: House being moved by horse team 19th Ave. and 18th St. S.W.