The hypothetical story of James Rowland
In search of excitement James Rowland came to Canada to join the first world (similar to Brad Pitt in Legends of the falls). After the war he came back to Calgary and over the years brought different relatives from the US to Canada to live with him.
(This is only a hypothetical story made up by me based on the information in the Henderson's directory and talking to a friend who is well versed in history).
Residents of 1002 19 Ave SE from 1913 to 1953 as found in the Hen(d)erson Directory
Source: Peel 2961: Henderson's Calgary Directory
• Craff, Chas mach
• House was built in 1912 first record found is for 1913
• Hutt Albt F motorman St Ry
• Arthur fireman C.P.R.
• Timothy fireman C.P.R.
• Wilson John K eng C.P.R.
• James Rowland buys house
• Rowland james dept mgr Alta Box Co.
• Rowland Marie steno Motor Car Supply
• James owns the house until 1953 when Henderson records end. It looks like he brought relatives from the USA and rented out the house for a period of time.
• Rowland James slsman
• Rowland Marie steno Dr Messenger
• Rowland Eileen emp Eatons
• Roland Eileen emp Louise Delicatessen
• Rowland James slsmn
• Rowland Marie steno Dr C E Messenger
• Rowland Mrs E
• Rowland Eileen emp White Spot
• Rowland Fergus emp White Spot
• Rowland Leonard clk
• Gets married? Looks like there is a Mrs E Rowland
• Rowland Mrs E
• Rowlnad Leonard emp Dept of Agric
• Peppin Geo S chemist Burns & Co
• Robson T emp Revelstoke Sawmill
• McConkey Thos on A-S
• Laurie Mrs E emp United Tire Service
• The Rowlands are back
• Rowland Mrs Eliz
• Rowland Leonard E yardman Starke & Treanor
• Rowland Eliz wid James
• Looks like Mrs E is widowed