Black and white photograph of the Calgary Public Library in Memorial Park(Central Park). Built under the Carnegie Trust and opened in 1912. Memorial to the Great War is in front of the entrance showing a statue of a soldier. Sculpture was done by Coeur-de-Lion MacCarthy. Statue was unveiled June 23, 1924.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Calgary Public Library, Central Library, Local History Room
Postcards from the Past
The Calgary Public Library has digitized our Postcard Collection in order to provide our customers with a useful online historic resources. The Calgary Public Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to images digitized for our site. All images in this collection are intended for personal/research use only. Any other use, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. Users are responsible for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying any associated fees necessary for the use of the image.