Replaced original bridge built in 1907.
1916, built. Four-span steel and concrete bridge included upper and lower decks.
1992, designated a municipal heritage resource.
Bridge includes four large cast concrete lions atop pairs of ornamental concrete pavilions. The pavilions are ornamented with symbols of Canada and the UK: buffalo heads, maple leaves, shamrocks (for Ireland), roses (for England), and thistles (for Scotland).