Ranch style house with front porch. Trees to one side of the house, a canoe on the other side of the house with ominous looking sky over head.
He and his wife Jane and their four sons, homesteaded east of Calgary in the area now known as Albert Park and Forest Lawn. The house was demolished in 1974. Oughton served as town councilor for Forest Lawn and was a trustee for the Bow Valley School Board when it opened the first school in the area in 1906. In addition to farming, Oughton dabbled in ranching and the fledgling oil industry. Before David Oughton’s death in 1956, he donated the Radisson Heights property where Oughton School now stands.