"Memorial Park, winter scene. Calgary Public Library in background."
1908, construction of the Carnegie library began at park's east end. January 1912, opened as Central Park Library. 1928, park renamed Memorial Park following dedication of the war memorial at the park's west end. 1976, library building was designated a provincial historic resource. 1977, library renamed Memorial Park Library following interior/exterior rehabilitation project.