"Hillhurst Bridge (Louise Bridge), taken from south bank on east side."
1887, wooden Bow Marsh Bridge constructed. 1906, Replaced by steel Louise bridge. Also known as the 10th Street and Sunnyside Bridge. Louise bridge was named for the deceased daughter of W. H. Cushing, former alderman and mayor, then provincial commissioner of Public Works. 1921, Hillhurst bridge was constructed. The old Louise bridge, in use for several years afterwards, was finally moved to span the Ghost River. 1970, the new Hillhurst bridge was renamed the Hillhurst (Louise) Bridge.