"Louise Bridge and autumn coloured trees, taken from east side of bridge."
1887, wooden Bow Marsh Bridge constructed. 1906, Replaced by steel Louise bridge. Also known as the 10th Street and Sunnyside Bridge. Louise bridge was named for the deceased daughter of W. H. Cushing, former alderman and mayor, then provincial commissioner of Public Works. 1921, the Hillhurst Bridge was constructed. The old Louise bridge, in use for several years afterwards, was finally moved to span the Ghost River. 1970, the new Hillhurst bridge was renamed the Hillhurst (Louise) Bridge.