Salvation Army Citadel, east side of 1st Street, south of 7th Avenue S.E.
Salvation Army Citadel at 704 1st St. S.E. Built: 1909 - 1910. Demolished: 1979. Original cost: $18,000. Construction materials: Brick and sandstone from E.H. Crandell’s Calgary Pressed Brick and Sandstone Company. Original interior details: Auditorium with seats for 1,000 people, Sunday School, office space. The Citadel was officially opened Sunday January 30, 1910.