Late nineteenth century one and one-half story home on the Bow River in the community of Inglewood. The home is in the gothic cottage style of architecture. Built in 1885.
Major John Stewart, founder of the Stewart Ranch near Pincher Creek and the developer of coal mines in Canmore and Anthracite. Stewart built this house in 1884. Stewart's died in 1893. Pat Burns bought the residence as a home for his packing plant manager. City alderman Jack Long bought the house in 1969, renovated the property to revitalize the community of Inglewood. This property was designated a provincial historic resource in 1980.